Toronto Re-Sheet Roofs
Sometimes when you repair a roof, you don’t have to take it all the way down to the sheeting. However, when a roof has been badly damaged, the plywood will have to be replaced. This is called re-sheeting. Think of it as the foundation for your Toronto roof
At The Cutting Edge Roofing, we are professionally trained in removing and re-sheeting any roofing materials. Our workers are trained to remove the material in a safe and efficient manner. We tear off, re-sheet and recover asphalt, shingles, shakes, PVC, wood and metal roofs. We will protect and clean up our work area so we leave your place looking as nice as when we arrived.
Advantages of re-sheeting:
- Potentially hazardous existing materials can be completely removed.
- The internal appearance of the building can be improved.
- There is potential to improve the internal working environment for occupants.
- It is easy to alter lighting configurations to optimum levels i.e. change pattern of windows and rooflights.
- Air-tightness and thermal performance levels similar to new buildings can be achieved.
- The existing structure is nearly always suitable for re-sheeting applications.
- There is an opportunity to alter the building configuration.
Whether you need Toronto roof repair, roof replacement or roof re-sheeting, the Cutting Edge Roofing
Why Can You Do To Avoid Extensive Roof Repairs?
1. Make sure that your roof surface is always clear of debris
When your roof has debris even before winter sets in, it could be added weight to your roof when snow and ice starts to accumulate. Besides, debris itself can cause damage to your roof. Additionally, look for animal damage
or animal droppings. Rodents, squirrels and raccoons can cause major damage to your roof.
2. Clean out or have the gutters cleaned regularly
Leaves, twigs and soot can build up in your gutter. Gutter cleaning
is a dirty job … leave it to the pros at The Cutting Edge!
3. Always check for leaks, rust and rot
Most of the time, leaks, rust and rot can be detected only when these are already major damages. If you constantly check your roof for minor damages, you do not have to deal with major problems later that may end up with costly roof replacement. Check not only your roof, but your soffits
, fascia, attic, skylights
4. Regularly trim overhanging tree branches
Falling objects such as overhanging tree branches and shrubbery have been common causes of roof damage. The damage is usually minor but if overlooked will develop into a bigger problem especially when snow and ice fall during the winter.
5. Damaged shingles should always be replaced
Blistered, buckled, curled and of course, missing shingles should always be replaced. Otherwise, this will also be a main cause for roof leaks.
The best strategy to prevent roof leaks is to have us inspect your roof annually. Toronto roof repair, roof replacement and roof re-sheeting are our area of expertise! Throughout the Greater Toronto Area, we are known as the roofing experts that get it done right the first time.